Let’s face it your little one is growing, and so are his interests. He is no longer interested in you carrying him everywhere in a baby stroller; instead, he wants to enjoy his first tricycle ride. So as a mother, who cares about the fun of her baby but is worried about falls and resulting injuries as well, you’re a little hesitant.
Well, you don’t need to worry, all you need is to buy a kid’s helmet for your baby, and you’re good to go. The kids’ bike helmets guarantee you the peace of mind that you will not have to run away due to an emergency of this type. Down below is given the best toddler helmet review in 2019, to help you decide which one suits your child best.
Before purchasing the best toddler bike helmet, you need to keep the following factors in mind:
- Material: The key to bike helmets for children is , and that is why it is necessary to review the materials with which they are manufactured. These materials obviously must be comfortable, but above all, they have to be prepared to absorb the possible blows that are aimed at the head.
- Size: For protection to be adequate, the helmet must conform perfectly to the measurements of the head of the child. That’s why we also have to check that the size of the helmet fits properly to the age and dimensions of our child.
- Ventilation: Ventilation must have sufficient grooves with which to ventilate the head and prevent it from sweating excessively. These grooves should be enough to give fresh flow to the head, obviously without affecting the safety of the whole.
- EC Regulations: The safety of the child is of prime importance, so make sure that the helmet complies with EC regulations.
- Accessories: Before buying a toddler helmet, make sure that it has all the necessary accessories like built-in glasses, visors, etc., so you won’t have to buy them separately.
- Adjustable or fixed size: Horse riding helmets can be one-size-fits-all or have a wheel-shaped mechanism at the nape of the neck that allows you to adapt to various sizes. It is better to buy adaptable helmets then fixed size. One size helmet is more suitable for adults since children growing rapidly cannot use it for extended periods.
- Protection pads: Many helmets come with the protection pads already incorporated inside the helmet; others bring several sets of pads to get the perfect fit.
Let’s Take a Look Our Top 5 Best Seller & Special Offer
|1||Ouwoer Kids Bike Helmet, CPSC Certified, Adjustable and Multi-Sport, from Toddler to Youth (Green)||$29.99 $25.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Bell 7059827 3D Minnie Me Bike Helmet||$24.99 $16.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Raskullz T-Rex Bonez Mohawk Helmet, 3+ (48-52Cm)||$25.00 $13.04||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Paw Patrol Bike Helmet, Toddler, Skye||$25.00 $17.96||Buy on Amazon|
|5||KAMUGO Kids Helmet,Toddler Helmet Adjustable Kids Helmet CPSC Certified Ages 3-8 Years Old Boys...||$22.99 $19.99||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2020-01-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ten Best Kid Helmets :
1. Raskullz Kitty Cat Child Bike Helmets
The Raskullz Kitty Cat Child Bike Helmets is a great helmet made by Raskullz. Children love it because all their designs try to look like a cute kitty cat. So, if your child love kitties he/she will love it. This helmet for children is built of Nylon with good durability and an inner layer of EPS to protect children in case of impact.
The size is usually adapted to children between 2 years and six years. It has several ventilation holes to maintain temperature and avoid sweating. It has an adjustable strap to fix the helmet to the head. It comes with a size adapter.
- 3D design
- Adjustable nylon strap
- No room for growth
2. Bell Infant Sprout Bike Helmet
It is the best toddler helmet thanks to its easy adjustment, security elements, a very good ventilation thanks to its seven openings or the insect net, elements that guarantee maximum comfort and safety in your bike routes with children.
There’s no confusing strap; instead, its self-adjusting fit belt makes it easier to wear and perfectly fits the child. The child can wear it himself every time with a single strap adjustment. The head size measurement for it would be 47-52 cm.
- Seven vents
- Available in 8 colors
- No room for growth
3. Giro Scamp Youth Bike Helmet
Giro has built a very lightweight children’s helmet with an In-Mold design covered in a poly carbonate shell that absorbs impacts very well. This is an exceptionally light and strong children’s helmet.
This helmet for children meets the safety standards, and with eight openings in the helmet, we may be facing a best-ventilated helmet, keeping our boy or girl very cool on hot days. The helmet fits very well and has a quick-opening pinch guard buckle with adjustable fastening straps.
- Synthetic and safe
- Turn the dial to adjust the size
- Really small size
4. Bell Child and Toddler Princess Bike Helmets
Bell children’s helmets are available in several princess designs that have made them famous. Your children will not want to take the helmet off their heads! The size is usually adapted to children between 3 years and six years. It is the best toddler helmet because it has rounded coverings with ventilation systems to ensure that the helmet not only looks cool but protects the head of your little one.
- Elastic strap
- Safe to use
- Only a girl’s helmet no designs available for boys
5. Bell Rally Child Helmet
If you are looking for the best kids helmet with good quality, regardless of the cost, I suggest you opt Bell Rally child helmet with your eyes closed. It is ideal for the first steps of our little ones on the tricycle, thanks to its EPS interior foam liner, a true-fit one step adjustment pinch guard closure system, as well as a fun and vibrant design. This helmet for children meets the safety standards as it is CPSC 1203 bike compliant. Its perfect head measurements would be 52-56 cm.
- Tape less technology
- Vibrant colors
- The visor is very easy to snap
6. Kids Bike Helmet by Team Obsidian
No more problems when putting your son or daughter’s helmet on. With these fun aqua adorable designs of blue shark and pink octopus, your child will want to wear the helmet even in the shower. We are facing an elegant, practical and multifunctional children’s helmet. It has several features that will make the adventures of children on the bike more comfortable and above all safe. It has vertical as well as horizontal adjustment systems so that they are 100% fit and safe.
- Double pad system
- Super safe and comfortable
- Doesn’t fit the child above 8
7. Raskullz Child Unicorn 5+ Helmets
A very light helmet that combines good ventilation with aerodynamic lines. Raskullz helmet complies with all safety standards. Thermoplastic rubber with EPS lining makes it safe durable and light in weight. It also comes equipped with pads and a chin protector. It has eight ventilation holes to make it as comfortable for the child as possible. The kids love the unicorn designs.
- Certified by CPSC and ASTM standards
- Unicorn design
- Quality issue
8. Bell Marvel Superhero Helmets
Is your child a spiderman fan? Or does he love captain America more? No matter which superhero he/she likes, I assure you he is going to love this helmet. There are so many designs that will appeal to the child and motivate him to use the helmet for his interest. It is a sturdy helmet that will help keep the area of your child’s skull and jaw secure, to reduce the likelihood of injury.
- Super Cute design
- Affordable price
- Very small size
- not suitable for a child older than 3
- No coating or lining inside
9. Paw Patrol Toddler Helmet
If you are looking for a beautiful model and you do not know which bike helmet for children to buy, the Paw Patrol toddler helmet is a great purchase option that you should consider. Your child will love the paw patrol theme. This children’s helmet is made with an inner lining of EPS protective foam and a very durable shell with 360-degree reflectivity. The ventilation is very good thanks to the ventilation openings, its internal air channels and a removable visor that protects the child from sun or rain.
- Lower molded shell design
- 360-degree reflective
- Not Easy to use
- Durability is somewhat questionable
10. Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
When you want your little cyclist to look beautiful and protected while playing with the bike, think about the bike and skate accessories that Razor has created, which offers a less expensive lightweight helmet, with foam pads and side release buckles for sizes head of 8 to 14 years. It Includes 17 ventilation grilles to make your driving cool and comfortable.
- 17 vents
- Secure chin strap
- Lack of adjustable straps makes it harder to adjust
Toddler Helmets for children are an essential element for the safety of your child when they ride a tricycle. It is very easy to hit the head in case of fall, especially if they are very small and still do not “know how to fall.” So, it is better not to compromise our child’s security and buy the best toddler bike helmet for our little champ.